Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sacrifice

Today has been a rather tough day.
Shouldn't have been seeing as I got to do hair today.
But today I've been real anxious.
It's when we are put in difficult situations that we are "tested".
When we're uncomfortable, upset, tired, or running out of patience is when our true concerns of character show through.
And let me tell you, my character is really just flying around these days.
I break down A LOT.
(Naturally, as it's that time of the month.)
But recently, I thought about all the sacrifice that goes on.
The sacrifice from my parents for paying our bills while Adam was in the hospital and while I was finishing school.
The sacrifice from my in laws who opened there home to newlyweds, still figuring out who they are as a couple. (I mean really? not even 3 months yet!!!)
The sacrifice from my family; cousins, aunts/uncles, grandparents, who have called to support or who sent us money to get us back home so Adam could start chemo.
The sacrifice that my friends from school, home, and church, made to hold me when I couldn't stand up when Adam first called and told me all this news.
The sacrifice Adam makes to cheer me up when I'm having trouble adjusting.
For example;
Just as I was writing this he stopped making chocolate chip cookies and came in the room.
I nuzzled my head into chest and said, "I"m having a hard day."
He said, "Well just think tomorrow will probably be worse."
I pulled away and looked at him and said, "Wow, really?"
He said, "Well at least now you can appreciate the rest of today."

I'm so grateful to everyone who wants the best for us,
and for everyone who has prayed for us,
and who hopes everything is going to work out, and I promise you it will
Because it always does.

 We're driving back to Idaho tomorrow so I can take state boards,
and so we can pack up our most perfect apartment,
and so we can say a temporary goodbye to my dream team.

"Although there is much to fear,
we were moving mountains long before we knew we could."
  Also if you have time to read my blog,
you have time to watch this video.
It inspires me and I watch it almost every week.

1 comment:

  1. You're right. I do have time to watch this. Inspirational and I loved it. I watched it twice so far and now I'm going to read the talk that it came from. Thank you Christina for reaching out and reaching up. I'm learning so much from you, my silly niece :)
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete